Blah blah blah museum stuff

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Museum Jobs

I have never had a museum job. The only experience I have with working in an museum is this class.This would mean I fall under the first category. I have volunteered to get experience in working in a museum.

Collections & Exhibits Manager / Los Altos History Museum
Los Altos, California
The Los Altos History Museum is a highly successful local history museum with twice, thrice and five times the attendance, K-12 impact and membership in our class.* Located south of San Francisco in a community highly supportive of local history, we seek a full-time Collections & Exhibits Manager. This senior/experienced person is responsible for all matters pertaining to the collections from care to interpretation, and supervises collections and exhibits volunteers and staff (two part-timers, plus contract workers and interns). Exemplary people skills; works closely with exhibit, collections, education and docent volunteers to ensure active mission-centered programming is planned and executed 3-5 years out. Reports regularly to the E.D. Master’s and 5-10 years of experience in museums and/or related fields required. For a job description, or to submit your resume, cover letter and writing/work samples, (California Association of Museum Jobs Directory)

I chose this job because if i were to go into the museum field this is the job I would want to strive for. I would like to work with both collections and setting up exhibits. 

  • I have good people skills from working with the public in retail
  • I have been a manger and know how to work with other people
  • I have an attention to detail needed for exhibits
  • I am skilled with computers

No comments:

Post a Comment